Private Healthcare Australia Limited, formerly known as the Australian Health Insurance Association, is the Australian private health insurance industry’s peak representative body that represents 21 health funds throughout Australia and collectively covers approximately 97% of the private health insurance industry.
Private Healthcare Australia member funds today provide healthcare benefits for over 12 million Australians.
Private Healthcare Australia Limited Board Members
Private Healthcare Australia’s Chief Executive Officer is The Hon Dr Michael Armitage.
Private Healthcare Australia’s President is Mr Rob Bransby, Managing Director of HBF.
|Mr Rob Bransby||HBF Health Ltd||President|
|Ms Colleen McGann||St.LukesHealth Ltd||Vice President|
|Mr Mark Valena||GMHBA Ltd||Vice President|
|Mr Rob Seljak||Teachers’ Union Health||Chair Audit Committee|
|Mr Brad Joyce||Teachers Health Fund||New South Wales|
|Dr Shaun Larkin||HCF Ltd||New South Wales|
|Mr Mark Fitzgibbon||NIB Health Funds Ltd||New South Wales|
|Mr Hisham El-Ansary||Bupa Australia Pty Ltd||Victoria|
|Mr Laz Cotsios||Medibank Private Ltd/ahm Health Insurance||Victoria|
|Mr Bruce Beatson||Latrobe Health Services Ltd||Victoria|
|Ms Amanda Hagan||Australian Unity Health Ltd||Victoria|
|Mr Byron Gregory||Health Partners Ltd||South Australia|
Our vision is to work independently and with governments to provide Australians with the best cover, the best access, and the best healthcare services in the world.
Our Role and Mission
Our role is to represent the 11 million Australians who choose better quality healthcare services. Our mission is to put their healthcare needs first.
Our Quality Standards
We clearly stand for the provision of ‘better quality’ healthcare services for all our members.
Our Values and Beliefs
• value responsibility and believe in taking control of their own healthcare affairs.
• value freedom of choice and believe in their right to choose their own health cover and treatment.
• value quality and believe in their right to choose better quality healthcare services.
• value service and believe that speed and convenience are important aspects of service.
• value affordability and believe that governments need to recognise the real financial contribution that members make in supporting Australia’s health system.