Private Healthcare Australia Limited, formerly known as the Australian Health Insurance Association, is the Australian private health insurance industry’s peak representative body that represents 21 health funds throughout Australia and collectively covers approximately 97% of the private health insurance industry.
Private Healthcare Australia member funds today provide healthcare benefits for over 12 million Australians.
Private Healthcare Australia Limited Board Members
(as at 27 November 2013)
Private Healthcare Australia’s Chief Executive Officer is The Hon Dr Michael Armitage
Private Healthcare Australia’s President is Mr Rob Bransby, Managing Director of HBF
|Mr Rob Bransby||HBF Health Ltd||President|
|Mr Mark Valena||GMHBA Ltd||Vice President|
|Ms Amanda Hagan||Australian Unity Health Ltd||Vice President|
|Mr Laz Cotsios||Medibank Private Ltd/ahm Health Insurance||Audit Committee Chair|
|Mr Rhod McKensey||NIB Health Funds Ltd||New South Wales|
|Dr Shaun Larkin||HCF Ltd||New South Wales|
|Mr Brad Joyce||Teachers Health Fund||New South Wales|
|Mr Dwayne Crombie||Bupa Australia Pty Ltd||Victoria|
|Mr Derek Cafferty||Transport Health Pty Ltd||Victoria|
|Mr Rob Seljak||Queensland Teachers’ Union Health Fund Ltd||Queensland|
|Mr Byron Gregory||Health Partners Ltd||South Australia|
|Mr Chris Williams||St.LukesHealth Ltd||Tasmania|
Our vision is to work independently and with governments to provide Australians with the best cover, the best access, and the best healthcare services in the world.
Our Role and Mission
Our role is to represent the 12 million Australians who choose better quality healthcare services. Our mission is to put their healthcare needs first.
Our Quality Standards
We clearly stand for the provision of ‘better quality’ healthcare services for all our members.
Our Values and Beliefs
• value responsibility and believe in taking control of their own healthcare affairs.
• value freedom of choice and believe in their right to choose their own health cover and treatment.
• value quality and believe in their right to choose better quality healthcare services.
• value service and believe that speed and convenience are important aspects of service.
• value affordability and believe that governments need to recognise the real financial contribution that members make in supporting Australia’s health system.